OF THE PHILIPPINES
CITY OF MANILA
I, LUIS C. SINGSON, of legal age and with postal address at 2nd floor, LCS Building South Superhighway, san Andres corner Diamante st. Manila. after having been duly sworn to in accordance with law, depose and state that.
1. I am the Governor of the Province of Ilocos Sur
2. I have known and have been a friend of President Josept E.Estrada long before he became the President ;in fact I have been his friend during his early term as Mayor of San Juan Aside from being friend,we have been compadres I am the godfather of one his children and he is the godfather of one my children.
3. Sometime in August 1998,I was summoned to the house of President Estrada at Polk St,Greenhills,San Juan,Metro Manila When I arrived in the house of President Estrada,Bong Pineda and Charles "Atong" Ang were present The four of us met and during this meeting they discussed the jueteng operation all over the country,in the course of the meeting,President Estrada instructed Bong Pineda not to go to Malacanang and deliver money since he has been close to him from the time the President was still the Vice-President and Head of the President Anti-Organized Crime unit.He instructed us that hencefarth.Bong Pineda should deliver the money intended for the President throught Atong Ang and myseft.
4. In the late part of October 1998,I was instructed by President Estarda to take over the duties of Atong Ang regarding the jueteng operation in the country all details having been previously arranged and finalized by Atong Complying with his instruction,starting November 1998,I took over from Atong Ang and I normally collected about P32 to P35 million pesos a month,Out his amount,I personally handed to President Estrada most of the time in his Malacanang office or his other houses which I will identify in due time,the amount of P5 million every 15 days or P10 million every month in addition I was instructed by President Estrada to deposit the balance in my bank account and to wait for his instrution.in order to supervise and audit my collection,President Estrada assigned Yolanda Ricaforte wife of Tourism Undersecretary Recarforte to he his auditor.holding office in my office at the LCS Bldg.San Andres Bukid Manila.
5. On or about the first week of August 1999,President Estrada instructed me to transfer the accumulated deposits in my account to Yolanda Ricaforte I complied with his instuction and turned over the accumulated deposits amounting to 173 million to Mrs.Ricarforte.who in turn depositted the same to various account in Equitable Bank A summary is herewith attached and made an integral part as Annex "A"
6. Sometime this year, the President instruted Yolanda Ricaforte to transfer P200 million to his account but with the specific instruction to transfer said amount to different account before finally depositing it to a designated account of his choice.
7. I have been remitting to President Estrada the aforesaid amounts regularly from November 1998 up to August,2000.
8. I am executing this affidavit to attest to the truth of foregoing.
FURTHER I SAYETH NAUGHT.
IN WITNESS WHEREOF,I have hereunto set my hand this 14th day of September 2000 at Manila.
LUIS C. SINGSON
SUBSCRIBED AND SWORN to before me this 14th day of September 2000 at Manila Affidavit exhibited to me his Com.Tax Cert.NO.D6985613 issued at Vigan.Illcos Sur on Janaury 26,2000.
Doc.No.252 ALLAN B.GEPTY
Page No 51 notary public
Book No x DECEMBER 31,2000
Series of 2000
REPUBLIC OF THE
© SDT Web Designs